I HIGHLIGHTED THIS IN A BOOK I WAS READING. NOW AFTER THE ORLANDO SHOOTING IT MAKES ME FEEL SICK.
I found this quote in a book I was reading by a Swedish author this week. I found it sad at the time that people overseas actually comfort themselves with the fact that they don't live in America so they don't have to be afraid of guns. Now I'm enraged and sickened by that fact.
- •What does this say about us?
- •We are a first world country and a normal citizen was able to walk into a club and commit mass murder.
- •This should never be allowed to happen.
- •What are we doing America?
- •Why do we continue to allow this to happen?
- •Did enough people die this time?
- •Or is the fact that they aren't straight going to negate their personhood?
- •Other countries use us as their example of what they don't want to be.
- •I wish I believed this shooting, the biggest mass shooting since we slaughtered Native Americans, would change things. But I don't believe it will.