I originally wrote this in January of 2010. It is still how I strive to live my life in recovery.
- •I will not live under any person's control except my own.
- •I will begin the process of forgiveness.
- •I will not let my past dictate my future
- •I will use my voice and trust that I have the right and ability to do so
- •I will treasure family, friends and the moments I spend with them.
- •I will cry when I'm sad. Be mad when I'm angry. Smile when I'm happy and embrace all other emotions especially joy.
- •I will allow myself to sit in silence and simply be.
- •I will trust that I can care for myself without relying on harmful thoughts or behaviors.
- •I will search and yearn for personal growth and strive to look for and accept the good in life.
- •I will live and live abundantly.
- •I will strive to trust God and accept his love for me.