THINGS I'M NOT INVITING TO THE THANKSGIVING TABLE
- •Fat talkBe it in my own head or out loud. It accomplishes nothing, annoys and worries those around me and gives my eating disorder power.
- •RestrictionI shall enjoy my meal without depriving myself. I will partake of things I enjoy be they vegetables or pie.
- •Food judgementsNo food is good or bad. Food is simply food. I will not categorize as one food as good and one food as bad. I will not categorize foods as safe and unsafe.
- •Diet talkI am almost 100% certain this won't occur at my thanksgiving since my family has taken a lot of time to be EDucated but if it does I will politely ask for the subject to be changed.
- •CaloriesI will not check or count calories. I will ask if need be that these discussion not be spoken of around me.
- •GuiltThis one is the most important. I likely will feel full after my meal. I will not let myself feel guilty for participating in a tradition with family. I will remind myself that I made a choice for recovery and that is a choice for life.