WHAT TO DO IN NORN IRON
For the uninitiated, that's Northern Ireland
- •Titanic QuarterGo see where the Titanic was built in Belfast. Its maiden voyage was NOT to the U.S., it was from Belfast to Southampton (I know, that doesn't count)
- •Giant's CausewayHexagons can happen in nature
- •The Peace WallThey had to put a walls up to keep the peace between nationalists and unionists during the troubles. The most famous is between the Shankill Road and the Falls Road - don't go unaccompanied.
- •Scrabo TowerIt's just a nice old tower on top of hill. It sometimes shows old films with wolves in.
- •StormontWhere the NI parliament hangs out on a huge estate. Think Irish Downton (but don't say that to them)
- •LondonderryIt was a city of culture (really recently)
- •The Europa HotelNot much to see but it was once the most bombed hotel in Europe. That really draws the crowds.
- •BangorApparently I was conceived there. So it makes the list.