When you wake up with that weird sore throat,itchy nose & ears thing checklist:Some of my go-to tips
Cold season is just around the corner!! Stay healthy people ❤👊
- 1.Lay in bed and hyperventillate for about 5 min. contemplating about how you can possibly rearrange your work/school/day to day schedule(s) for the week in case shit hits the fan.
- 2.Take an additional min. to pout and feel sorry for yourself. (This step is very important)
- 3.GET OUT OF BED!!! LIKE NOW!! If you fail you will slip into a zombie-like coma, the cold will consume your soul, and you will be doomed!!
- 4.Go to the store and buy the following if you do not already have: -Zinc lozenges, Puffs tissue with lotion, fuzzy socks, Ingredients to make chicken soup (make it, don't eat the canned crap), Green tea, fruits & veggies, Honey, Lemons, Cold meds (just in case it gets real bad), Vapor rub, Humidifier, Netti Pot.
- 5.Turn your shower on the hottest setting and let the room steam up to the point where you can barely see your hands in front of you. Breathe in all that goodness for as long as you can stand and sweat like a beast. (Granny Lubers taught me this one)
- 6.Reduce heat then take a shower. Make sure to completely dry your hair after. Put that vapor rub and your fuzzy socks to use. (Grandma V's tip was to always keep your feet and head warm).(DO NOT GO OUTSIDE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THIS OR YOU WILL CONTRACT THE PLAGUE. (*not really I'm just being dramatic, but seriously don't go outside))
- 7.Start taking your zinc lozenges because they are amazing. *If you prefer vitamin c or airborne go for it, I just prefer zinc, its more gentle on my stomach.
- 8.Make a big enough pot of chicken soup with extra broth to last at least 5 days. (You may be too weak to do so after day one). (My Mom's tip)
- 9.Eat soup and broth, drink tons of water, eat your fruits and veggies, drink hot tea with honey & lemon. Get used to it cuz thats all you're eating until this thing goes away. AVOID DAIRY unless you want to produce more snotty boogers. (Another tip from Granny Ruth)
- 10.Use netti pot if you can tolerate it. (Definitely a love hate relationship)
- 11.Now go to your room, quarantine yourself & blast that humidifier.Only use cold meds if you feel like you are dying.*If someone is there to help look after you, purchase a little bell so they can bring stuff to you. This helps avoid having to leave your room & risk contamination, plus its really fun to see the annoyed look on their face everytime 😈
- 12.REST!!! Don't touch anything!!!REST!!! When I say anything I mean anything. Seriously, go purchase some mittens like the kind babies wear so they won't scratch their faces and zip tie them on!
- 13.Your bundled up goal should resemble something along the lines of this. Now get better!!