ME, SPOTIFY, AND THE SWEDISH LANGUAGE
Shout out to Spotify for almost preventing a premium cancellation.
- •So I logged in to my Spotify to cancel my subscription in an attempt to de-clutter my life...a little bit.
- •But when I logged in to the site, I realized everything was in Swedish.
- •Since I have an account through my Facebook, I'm pretty sure they know I'm an English speaking brooklynite.
- •You know I don't speak Swedish Spotify. Nice try. I am still cancelling your Premium ass.
- •But in all seriousness no hard feelings. I love you and how you make it somewhat acceptable for me to listen to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac and then All In It by Justin Bieber, one after the other. I just don't want you taking up space on my phone right now.
- •So, I decide to attempt to navigate the site... in Swedish...in my quest for a cancellation.
- •I click a couple of buttons that look promising.
- •I decide half way through that I could've used Google Translator - it's not too late.
- •I don't use Google Translator because I'm stubborn and want to see if a non-Swedish idiot like me can navigate a site in Swedish.
- •After 2 more clicks I see a check, and I decide to put this long Swedish paragraph in Google translator
- •Google translator says (in broken Swedish) "We're sorry to hear you be cancel your subscription. You can always come back!"
- •I did it! I successfully cancelled my subscription just by guessing and clicking! What a victory for stubborn morons everywhere!
- •"Guessing and Clicking" is going to be the title of my first autobiography.
- •Now I'm going to celebrate with an Oreo cookie.