Top 5 Overrated Movies
A helpful guide to potentially save you many wasted hours.
- 1.Mrs. DoubtfireUnnecessarily long and generally unfunny. This one trick pony drones on and on without mustering much more than a bemused chuckle. Don't let the hype fool you this movie sucks and is a painful slog that should be avoided at all costs.
- 2.AvatarJust when you thought Titanic was James Cameron's biggest shit bomb here comes this predictable and laughably stupid insult to the sci-fi genre. What makes it even more painful, besides being able to see every plot point coming at least 30 minutes in advance. Is knowing how much more potential and skill Cameron has. Or at least had in the past.
- 3.UpPixar is generally pretty solid and I'm fairly sure that's the reason this boring and pointless movie was so popular. It's not bad enough Up tries way too hard for emotional punch that it just leaves you saying "yup saw that coming" but add to that it's almost total lack of quality jokes. Of course "SQUIRREL" was clever, but let's face it they blew that load in the preview.
- 4.How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)I would have placed this assault to the senses and pathetic excuse for a movie above Up, but more people seem to be fooled by the Pixar flick than this horrendous piece of shit. Do yourself a favor if you are lucky and have not yet been subjected to this unfunny black hole of entertainment don't do it! Unless you want to know How the Grinch Stole 2 hours.
- 5.Forrest GumpFor the life of me I can not figure out why so many people have convicted themselves this is one of the best movies ever made. Another painfully long and utterly boring slog. It's one saving grace is the section of the flick following Forrest's time in Vietnam. If it had have focused solely on telling this story it could have been a much better experience. Unfortunately the good is far outweighed by stupid bullshit. Good soundtrack though.