Greatest Non-sequiturs in Hip-hop Music ➕➕
Open like a 24-hr Taco Bell.
- •Trophies, Drake: "Bitch, I use a walkie talkie just to get a beverage / I saw my parents split up right after the wedding"After going on about his giant house, Drake suddenly reveals this traumatic childhood tidbit. But hey, it taught him to "stay committed."
- •I Don't Mind, Usher: "I make enough for the both of us, but you dance anyway / You know I was raised in the A!"Cut to chorus! He just really needs you to know about his Hotlanta roots.
- •Don't Tell Em, Jermih: "Know you say you down with it / won't tell em how you hit the ground with it / Girl, you know I'm from Chicago"Hey, Jermih, did you know Usher was raised in the A?
- •Stronger, Kanye West: "I need you right now, I need you right now/ Me likey"He likey, dammit! It needed to be said.
- •Tom Ford, Jay-Z: "Pardon my laughing, I happen to think you sweet / I don't pop molly, I rock Tom Ford"Ah, the classic 2 types of people: those who popeth Molly and those who rocketh Tom Ford.
- •Clique, Kanye: "I just wanna design hotels and nail it / ...went through deep depression when my mama passed"Suggested by @chloesearcy