Best Potential Matchups in Boxing
- 1.Ruslan Providnikov vs Brandon RiosAs long as it lasts, would be one of the greatest action fights of all time.
- 2.Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo AlvarezGGG loves to hunt down his opponent. Canelo loves when his opponent comes to him, looking to engage, so he can fight without having to chase. Can't miss matchup.
- 3.Andre Ward vs Sergey KovalevWith Floyd's retirement, Ward is now the best fighter, pound for pound, in the world. But he's too big to fight at 168 (super middleweight) anymore, and Kovalev is the beast of the 175 lbs (light heavyweight) division. Ward boxer/Kovalev puncher. Love this fight.
- 4.Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guillermo RigondeauxLomachenko lost 1 amateur fight out of hundreds. Avenged the loss. Won 2 gold Olympic gold medals for Ukraine and is already one of the best pound for pound pros in the world after only a half dozen fights. Rigondeaux, the Cuban boxing master, also won 2 Olympic golds, and is as great a pure boxer as I've seen. Highest skill level potential fight in the sport.
- 5.Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Nayoa "The Monster" InoueBattle of the little giants. Flyweights (112 lbs). Many feel Chocolatito is already the best pfp. Undefeated Inoue is rampaging through the smallest weight divisions, looming as Chocolatito's biggest potential obstacle. Oh, and bombs away!
- 6.Terence Crawford vs Viktor PostolGiven his talent, skill, and toughness, looked for a minute like Crawford might not face real resistance on his way to establishing himself as the best 140lber in the world. That changed after Postol showed again in his latest KO performance, that trainer Freddie Roach has taken him to a new level. Tough, tough fight between two undefeated fighters that would establish supremacy at Jr Welterweight.