Best British TV Shows
I'm American, but I can't stop watching British television. Here are some of my favorites.
- •BroadchurchA fantastic mystery drama surrounding the story of an 11 year old boy found dead on the beach of Broadchurch, England. David Tennant and Olivia Coleman are spectacular.
- •ExtrasI am in love with Ricky Gervais. Like all of his work, this show is hilarious, but has a beautiful, heartfelt story beneath the comedy. I sobbed during the last episode.
- •The Great British Bake OffEnglish countryside, pastel colors, nice people, and amazing, baked good creations. Love, love, love.
- •Embarrassing BodiesOne of the best medical shows I've seen. Very informative and honest. No shame, we're all the same.
- •DerekAgain, I love Gervais. This show is so special because he focuses on topics that no one else would cover in TV shows: hospice care, caring for elderly people, thankless jobs, and what it is to be a kind person. The first season is so amazing.
- •The F WordIt's a shame Gordon Ramsey started making awful shows in the US filled with yelling and cheesy music. This show steps back and shows why he loves food, and how he tries to influence the British public to start cooking again. Informative, fun, competitive, and entertaining. The best culinary show out there.
- •The FallOh my god this show freaked me out. Amazing cinematography and storyline. Jamie Dornan is the perfect serial killer.
- •The Graham Norton ShowIn my opinion, this is the best talk show format. Norton is a great, sassy interviewer, and has a fun conversation with four or five celebrities on his couch at a time. Always fun to watch, no matter who is on.