Post-Surgery Healing Process
Sorry if this is gross. Back in November I had ankle surgery. I was born with a foot deformity called a tarsal coalition, where my ankle joints are fused and I couldn't move my foot from side to side. 3 hour surgery, sawed my bones apart, and placed a tissue graft from my thigh in between the bones. Here's the healing process.
- •Before surgery.Bulge in my right ankle and swelling on the top of my foot. Can't move foot left and right at all.
- •After surgeryShe kept me company :)
- •2 weeks laterBandage finally off. Immense pain. On crutches with a boot.
- •1 month outStill lots of pain and using crutches/boot. Stitches starting to come off.
- •2 months outScar is healing slowly. Still on crutches, less pain. Started driving again, yay!
- •3 months outIncision all healed. Walking/hobbling with normal shoes on, but I can't walk fast at all.
- •4 months outWalking faster, less pain, very hard to lift things, jump, balance, etc.
- •5 months outMy current state. Yesterday I had my first day without limping since surgery. I'm getting there. Swelling, left and right movement has not improved, but I walk differently now.