The Dogs Of Steinbeck, Ranked🐶🐶🐶
John Steinbeck is my favourite author & was a real dog enthusiast, his dog characters were pretty much just as great as his human characters. He said :- 'A dog is a bond between strangers'
- •Señor Alec Thompson (Tortilla Flat)My highest rated Steinbeck dog because of his loyalty to his owner - the Pirate - and his name. Best dog name ever. Airedale/Mutt.
- •Candy's Dog (Of Mice And Men)Possibly the most heart-wrenching of all of Steinbeck's dogs. He doesn't have a name, Candy had him since he was a pup, and *SPOILER ALERT* he gets euthanized, and it's very, very sad for Candy, and the reader😢.
- •Charley (Travels With Charley)Named in the title. Real dog, not a character. Proper friend & watchdog. Born in France, responds to commands in French only. Standard Poodle.
- •Doubletree Mutt (The Red Pony)Another outstanding name. A big, shambling, kinda dumb dog. The recipient of many of Jody's pranks, and you feel really sorry for him. Poor Doubletree Mutt😢
- •The Joad Dog (The Grapes Of Wrath)Another poor wee mutt. *SPOILER ALERT* He gets hit by a car before the Joads have even left Oklahoma, and his death seems to foretell all the misfortune which will befall the Joads😳