BOOKS I READ IN DECEMBER
Ranked out of 4 📚
- •Slaughterhouse 90210 by Maris Kreizman📚📚📚📚 This started as a blog where Kreizman paired quotes from literature with images from TV, movies, etc. She turned it into a book which will hopefully inspire people to binge read as much as they binge watch. I absolutely loved it!
- •One of my fave pages from the previous book
- •World-filled Women's Ministry by Gloria Furman and Kathleen Nielson📚📚📚 A good resource for my line of work!
- •The Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander📚📚📚📚 That rating is for each of the 5 books individually and for the series as a whole. I really enjoyed this series and I found myself being surprised that I'd never read them before. Totally my kind of adventure.
- •Knowledge of the Holy by AW Tozer📚📚📚📚 The college girl I mentor wanted to spend the semester getting to know God better, so we read this book together to study His attributes. Easy to read and insightful - we loved it!
- •Taking God at His Word by Kevin DeYoung📚📚📚 If you're looking for a short, easy book about why we should study Scripture, check this out.
- •Damsel in Distress by PG Wodehouse📚📚📚📚 I discovered Wodehouse for the first time last summer and I adore him. Until this book, I'd only read Jeeves books so far, but I think this is my favorite now. Besides being hilarious and sweet, this is a great handbook for dudes who want to know how they should act when a woman says she wants to be friends with him. (Hint: not like an entitled a-hole.)
- •Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal📚📚📚 I don't see any reason why anyone would enjoy this book if they didn't like the Sweet Valley High books as a kid. But if you did (like me), it's certainly enjoyable to see where all the characters ended up as adults. (Now if there was just a Baby-Sitters Club one!)
- •The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider📚📚📚📚 We picked this for one of my book clubs. I started it on a plane to Phoenix from Dallas and only had 50 pages left when I had to deplane. Surprisingly enjoyable. Some parts were a little predictable but then some things were completely unexpected.