BOOKS I READ IN FEBRUARY
Scored out of 4 📚
- 1.The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore📚📚📚 This book tells about the creation of Wonder Woman through the history of her creator. And it's a crazy one. His interest in feminism and some of his sexual proclivities make their way into the comics. Plus he invented the lie detector test, which explains WW's truth lasso!
- 2.Meet Mr. Mulliner by PG Wodehouse📚📚📚📚 As I've said before, I love Wodehouse and I'm slowly making my way through his books. This was my first of the Mulliner series. It's basically a book of short stories all told by the same character about his wacky family. I loved it.
- 3.Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer📚📚📚📚 I love Bonhoeffer. This book talks about what it looks like to live in community and how we interact with each other. It's short and really encouraging and challenging and I think I'm going to reread it often.
- 4.Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín📚📚📚📚 I saw this movie last month and fell in love with it. When I realized it was also a novel I had to read it ASAP. I love the characters. In a rare turn, I maybe even like the movie more because on top of the wonderful story we get great visuals and Irish accents.
- 5.In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware📚📚📚📚 Read this for one of my book clubs and loved it! A woman gets invited to a hen party for someone she used to be BFF with but hasn't spoken to in years. Things do not go well in those woods. It's a page-turner for sure.
- 6.Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie📚📚📚 I'm also slowly but surely working my way through Christie's books. They can't all be Murder of Roger Ackroyd, but this one's good. I love her.