BOOKS I READ IN JANUARY
Ranked out of 4 📚
- •11/22/63 by Stephen King📚📚📚📚 I absolutely loved this book! Time travel is my favorite plot device so I was inclined to like it already. But the story is great, the drama is tense, and it's really interesting throughout. It's almost 900 pages, but I flew through it.
- •Heaven by Randy Alcorn📚📚📚 The subject was fascinating and really encouraging. He clearly showed what Scripture says about Heaven and pointed out what we can look forward to! But I took off one 📚 because his writing style was occasionally annoying. Overall, great book.
- •2 Years 8 Months and 28 Nights by Salman Rushdie📚📚 I so wanted to like this book. The description seemed like I'd love it. But it's less than 300 pages and took me longer to read than the thrice as long 11/22/63. It's the 4th Rushdie book I've struggled through and I've finally decided I'm done trying.
- •Side by Side by Edward Welch📚📚📚 Short and easy read about how to live life with others, helping them and allowing them to help you.
- •The Silent Gondoliers by William Goldman📚📚📚📚 I loved this sweet little novel! Like he did with The Princess Bride, Goldman writes under the guise of S. Morgenstern. It was fun to revisit the style of one of my favorite novels of all time. I can't believe I'd never read it until now.