BOOKS I READ IN MARCH
Rated out of 4 📚
- 1.The Light Between the Oceans by ML Stedman📚📚📚📚 Wow, y'all, I loved this book! Great characters, great story, emotional, so good.
- 2.The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro📚📚 It was just like...ugh. At times I liked it, most times I didn't. Occasionally it made me feel something, but mostly I just wanted it to be over. Sad, because I was really looking forward to it. If you want to read his work, go with Never Let Me Go instead.
- 3.The Annotated Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster📚📚📚📚 This is a top 10 all time book. Reading it again with all the bonus features in this version was really cool.
- 4.Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury📚📚📚 I hadn't read this since early high school, so I figured it was time to read it as an adult. Reading this and Tollbooth back to back was interesting. Cool to think about how they both emphasize the importance of using our minds, but get that point across in very different ways!
- 5.The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness📚📚📚📚 I really enjoyed this! It takes place at a high school in a small town where crazy, supernatural stuff often happens and teenagers often die (kinda like Buffy), but that's all background. The main story focuses on the normal kids who live there and what happens with their lives. Loved it.
- 6.The White Umbrella by Mary Frances Bowley📚📚📚📚 This was required reading for an organization I'm starting to volunteer with and it's great! Helpful and informative.
- 7.What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty📚📚📚📚 I've had this book on my shelf for a couple years now and I'm kicking myself for taking so long to get to it! A woman wakes up on the floor of a gym thinking she's newly-ish married and pregnant with her first kid, but realizes it's actually a decade later, she has 3 kids, and she's getting a divorce. As she tries to figure it what's happened to her life, the story is riveting and I loved the characters.
- 8.Red Rising by Pierce Brown📚📚📚📚 I'm obsessed with the series! It's got Hunger Games vibes, but I like it even more.
- 9.Why Not Me? by @mindy📚📚📚📚 One of my book clubs picked this, so I got to read it again! We all loved it and rated it 10/10. It's clever, insightful, hilarious, and moving.
- 10.Golden Son by Pierce Brown📚📚📚📚 Sequel to Red Rising. Seriously, read this series!