Favorite 13 Movies from 2016
Out of movies released in 2016 that I saw in the theater. In the order in which I saw them.
- •ZootopiaSome live action movies can't mix humor and depth as well as this one did.
- •10 Cloverfield LaneJohn Goodman, I love you! The suspense was high and it kept me guessing.
- •Captain America: Civil WarBest Marvel movie yet. And Spider-Man!! I feel like they're finally getting him right.
- •Central IntelligenceI absolutely love this movie.
- •GhostbustersProving the haters wrong.
- •Doctor StrangeThis movie was definitely strange. But the visuals! Seriously mind-blowing. I thought it was super fun to watch.
- •Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find ThemBy no means a perfect movie, but being back in that world in a new way was wonderful and made up for any flaws for me.
- •LovingA little slow, but so very sweet. Different from what I expected, but in a good way.
- •La La LandGorgeous.
- •Rogue OneFrom the first trailer, I thought, "Eh, I'll probably never see that movie." But I did and I'm so glad.
- •LionBesides an amazing story that made me cry multiple times, I also fell in love with Dev Patel. 😍😍😍
- •Hacksaw RidgeI had zero interest in seeing this movie. But then I was finishing up a week where I'd been to the theater every day and I needed one more. This was getting lots of buzz and Golden Globe nominations, so I figured I'd spend $5 on it. It was the right call.