HOW WE SOMETIMES DECIDE WHAT MOVIE TO WATCH
Inspired by @amieshmamie - It does not work if you're going to watch something digitally. But if you've still got DVDs, give it a try! (Featuring example photos because I feel like it made no sense without them!)
- •We call it Push and it's SO fun!
- •But beware, if you play a full game, it could take longer than actually watching the movie, depending on the size of your DVD library.
- •So you start by pulling the DVDs on your shelf forward.Not off the shelf, but forward enough so that there's a clear distinction when a DVD is pushed all the way back. (For photo examples, we'll just work with this one shelf of my collection.)
- •Then you take turns pushing movies you're not in the mood for that night.
- •You'll determine how many you push on each turn based on how many people and DVDs you've gotFor example, if I was playing with all 4 of my roommates and all 400 of my DVDs, we'd do quite a few rounds where each of us pushes 5 movies per turn.
- •As you get closer to the end, eventually you're pushing 1 movie per turn.
- •The last movie standing is the movie you watch!Looks like our fake players are in the mood for an underrated Disney classic!
- •Variations, for the times when you need to pick faster: pick one or two shelves and play with those, or pick a theme and pull those forward.Want to watch a scary movie? Pull those forward and play. Or a chick flick or 80s movies or whatever!
- •Typically by the end you've got a movie that no one is upset with and is maybe something you wouldn't have thought of first thingNotable past winners include The Fugitive, Lucky Number Slevin, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and Blast from the Past!
- •If you play, let me know what you watched!