Last year, I felt like movies were lacking in my media consumption. I watch a lot of TV and I read all the time, but I also love movies, so I need to be more intentional about watching them. I decided keeping track of what I watch will help me remember to watch more. Here's how January went. (📼=watched at home, 📽=watched at a theater)
- 1.Avengers: Age of Ultron 📼Watched the bluray at my friend's house while visiting her in Phoenix.
- 2.Spy 📼Same as above. I don't know how other people felt about this movie, but I thought it was hilarious.
- 3.The Revenant 📽This movie was brutiful - absolutely brutal but also mesmerizingly beautiful.
- 4.Brooklyn 📽@erinflusche and I saw this and were SO into it. Loved it.
- 5.Pixels 📼I know this didn't get the best reviews, but I was interested for the nostalgia factor. I didn't hate it and it made me laugh enough. Also, I got it because I get Netflix DVDs in addition to streaming. Is that weird and old school?
- 6.Room 📽Ugh, I loved it so much. The acting! The drama! Also holds the distinction of being the first movie I ever saw in theaters by myself.
- 7.The Black Cauldron 📼Recently read the books it's based on for the first time, so I needed to revisit the Disney movie.
- 8.Spotlight 📽The subject is rough and so sad, but I loved this movie.
- 9.The Martian 📼Adored the book. Loved the movie when I saw it in theaters last year. Still loved it when I watched it again.
- 10.Ricki and the Flash 📼Another Netflix rental. I didn't love it, but it wasn't horrible. It's always nice to see Meryl.