Lyrics from Hamilton that I Hope Describe Me
I'm obsessed with this musical. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a freaking genius.
- •"With every word I drop knowledge"From "My Shot" - So not like in an obnoxious, know-it-all way, but I want to use my words wisely and to help build others up and encourage them, and I hope when people have conversations with me they come away with something that helps them.
- •"I am not throwing away my shot"From "My Shot" - No one wants to have a great shot at something and waste it, right?
- •"I may not live to see our glory, but I will gladly join the fight"From "The Story of Tonight" - When there's a fight worth fighting, I'd hope to join the fight without caring about glory for myself.
- •"I'm looking for a mind at work"From "The Schuyler Sisters" - I will not be distracted by a pretty face with nothing behind it. I need a mind at work!
- •"Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now!"From "The Schuyler Sisters" - This is the optimistic attitude I hope I consistently have.
- •"I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight"From "Helpless" - I don't ever want to be the person in a group who's trying to get all the attention for myself.
- •"You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind"From "Satisfied" - Trusting and kind. Some people might see those traits as potential weaknesses, but I think they're great and require strength.
- •"When you knock me down I get the eff back up again"From "Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)" - (Okay, so maybe that's not the actual line, but whatever.) I want to be the kind of person for whom setbacks don't ruin everything. Bounce back and rise up, you know?
- •"I've seen injustice in the world and I've corrected it"From "Non-Stop" - I don't want to be someone who turns a blind eye to the injustice in the world. When I learn about it, I want to do something to help.
- •"Forgiveness. Can you imagine?"From "It's Quiet Uptown" - Forgiveness is important and I want to be quick to do it, no matter what.
- •"He seems approachable, like you could grab a beer with him"From "The Election of 1800" - I hope I'm someone that people see as approachable, friendly, welcoming, like we could grab a drink and talk about life.