Working on watching more movies this year!
- 1.Joe vs. the VolcanoI'd surprisingly never seen this one. Finally watched it because my friends were going to talk about it in their podcast (Flashback Flicks, check it out!) The first few minutes of this movie set up a dreary, desolate, depressing world unlike any I've seen outside of Mad Max: Fury Road.
- 2.ZootopiaTook my nephew, Denver, to see it and we both loved it! This is him showing me that his favorite character is the bunny.
- 3.Night at the Museum: Secret of the TombThe second one is my favorite of this series. The rest are just okay.
- 4.Rocky VMaking my way through these movies for my first time has been SO fun! I've listed about each one. 5th one here: ROCKY I-V RANKED BY STALLONE (FEAT. ROCKY IN HATS)
- 5.Big EyesMy friend used to coach a JV high school volleyball team. Her players all called me Big Eyez.
- 6.You've Got MailI'd never seen this one either, which was extremely shocking to most people. It's fine, cute, not great. And I think it's interesting that we've all decided to ignore the fact that a decent portion of this movie is the main characters engaging in an emotional affair
- 7.BatmanA rewatch 🔁. There are a lot of versions of Batman and they alliance their charms, but the Keaton ones are special to me.
- 8.Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and GrillWow wow wow. Audra's performance was absolutely incredible. When it started, I really thought she had to be lip-syncing because she sounds so much like Billie Holiday. She wasn't.
- 9.Fantastic FourI mean, sometimes everyone tells you a movie is crap but you still need to see it for yourself. And when your expectations are so low, you don't hate it as much as everyone else. I didn't love it, or even like it that much, but it's whatever. (I should probably start a new career as a film critic, huh?)
- 10.10 Cloverfield LaneLOVE IT. That's all I'll say.
- 11.Pee Wee's Big HolidayAlso love it! Pee Wee's Big Adventure is, of course, better. But this one is so fun! And Joe Mangablahblahblah is delightful.
- 12.Ant-Man🔁 Showed it to my friends, a mother and daughter. Surprisingly, the daughter fell asleep pretty quickly and the mother stayed awake and engaged the whole time, despite having fallen asleep in every movie I've ever watched with her. She loved it!
- 13.10 Things I Hate About You🔁 Sometimes you just need to watch an old fave
- 14.TrumboIt was fine.
- 15.Balls OutA guy I know directed this movie, which was originally called Intramural (a much better name). Great cast, but only okay movie. It's just not my humor. But the same guy directed and wrote Searching for Sonny, which I highly recommend! Plus, I got to be an extra in that one, so it's more special to me.