Pop Culture of My Life
Inspired by an occasional interview in Entertainment Weekly with different authors
- •The book I read in secret as a kidI honestly never had any restrictions on reading (or TV or movies), so there wasn't anything I felt like I needed to hide. I did read all the time though, so I remember plenty of nights reading under the covers with a flashlight. Also, now that I think about it, middle school was probably too young for the Outlander series...
- •The TV shows I've watched over and overTop repeats: Full House, Friends, Buffy/Angel, Scrubs, Saved by the Bell, Gilmore Girls
- •The book that cemented me as a reader(The actual interview says writer, but I'm not one, so we'll go with reader.) The Babysitters Club series for sure. I devoured these and would read anything else I could find in the meantime while I waited for the next one to come out.
- •The last book that made me cryJust Mercy by Bryan Stevenson made me weep every few pages. I've raved about it on here before. If you still haven't read it, do it!
- •The fictional character I'd want on my side in a zombie apocalypseI'm gonna go with Peter Parker. He's a genius and he's Spider-Man. He'd keep me safe and keep me laughing despite the horrors.
- •The classic I'm embarrassed to say I've never readAs a former English major, I should probably have read at least something by James Joyce or maybe Grapes of Wrath. But I'm just not interested in those. And I have read all of Moby Dick, so that makes up for it.
- •The TV show that's my favorite guilty pleasureHonestly, I don't buy the whole guilty pleasure thing. If you like something, just like it! But a show I watch that most people would probably think is dumb is Girl Meets World.
- •The first album I bought with my own moneyThe real first thing would've been a tape, but I can't remember what it was, so I'll go with my first CD - the Forrest Gump soundtrack.
- •The fictional place I dream of moving toHogwarts
- •My favorite moveA tie between The Goonies and Jurassic Park
- •The last album I listened toThe preorder downloads from the Hamilton Mixtape and a new EP by Dani Smith called Reverie (her voice is angelic, check her out)
- •The song people might be surprised to learn I know all the words toProbably "Grillz"
- •What I'm reading nowI Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai. By the time I finish, it'll probably be the new answer to #4