QUOTES FROM THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH
I recently reread this and it's one of my favorite books ever. I must've been around 7 when I read this the first time and I think it's part of why I love reading so much. These are some quotes I think are great.
- •But first, this is the beautiful annotated edition I read.
- •"Milo continued to think of all sorts of things ... most of all, of how much could be accomplished with just a little thought."
- •Milo: "I never knew words could be so confusing." Tock: "Only when you use a lot to say a little."
- •"'You must never feel badly about making mistakes,' explained Reason quietly, 'as long as you take the trouble to learn from them. For you often learn more by being wrong for the right reasons then you do by being right for the wrong reasons.'"
- •Rhyme: "It's not just learning things that's important. It's learning what to do with what you learn and learning why you learn things at all that matters."
- •Reason: "What you *can* do is often simply a matter of what you *will* do."
- •"So many things are possible just as long as you don't know they're impossible."
- •"And, in the very room in which he sat, there were books that could take you anywhere, and things to invent, and to make, and build, and break, and all the puzzle and excitement of everything he didn't know - music to play, songs to sing, and worlds to imagine and then someday make real.His thoughts darted eagerly about as everything looked new - and worth trying."