Roles I Could've Done Better
This was the main list I've thought about off and on and never actually written. Seems like it's time to get it out there.
- •For a few years as a kid, I was 100% certain I was the best actress around.
- •I'd never acted in anything beyond plays for family written and performed with siblings and cousins. (@erinflusche)
- •I have always LOVED movies. But knowing the skills I surely had, watching movies with girls approximately my age was difficult because I knew I would've been better.
- •Here are the roles I most lamented not having for myself.
- •Lex, Jurassic ParkThe number one hardest for me. This is still an all-time favorite movie and book. I honestly still believe I'd have been better. Ugh.
- •Alice, Air Force OneThat could've been my head Harrison Ford was kissing! I know you were the Little Princess and all, but I could've been better. Ugh.
- •Amy, Honey I Shrunk the KidsIt would've been so fun to film! And I thought the boy she kissed was cute. Ugh.
- •Jesse, Free WillyThere's no reason this role had to be played by a boy! Plus I also wanted to be a marine biologist. I would've been better for this role on multiple levels. Ugh.
- •Toy SoldiersThere's not a girl in sight in this movie. But I was obsessed with it and knew they needed a female presence. I had an entire plot worked out where I would've played a sister who was visiting on the unfortunate day the school got taken over by terrorists. And before the end I would've gotten to make out with Sean Astin. Ugh.