Things That Happened AFTER Six Flags Over Texas Opened
I'm reading this book about all the presidents and there's a timeline that runs along the bottom of every page with interesting facts. The ones I read today are kinda blowing my mind.
- •This is Six Flags over Texas
- •This is probably their most iconic ride - The Texas GiantNot my favorite at all though. Wooden rollercoasters rattle my brains.
- •Doesn't it look fun?
- •I love it. And it's only about 20 minutes away from Ft. Worth (where I live)Though I don't go often enough.
- •Anyway, I was surprised to see its opening even mentioned in the timeline in the book. I've never really thought of it as anything more than a local amusement park, but apparently it's worth a mention.
- •And then I read a few more pages and realized a ton of things that happened AFTER Six Flags opened on August 5, 1961.If given a quiz where I had to put these things in order, Six Flags would've been last for sure.
- •Here are just a few of them:
- •K-Mart opened
- •WalMart opened
- •The Berlin Wall was built
- •Bob Dylan debuted
- •Fidel Castro told the world he was a communistAnd was soon thereafter excommunicated by the Pope
- •The Space Needle opened in Seattle
- •Johnny Carson started hosting The Tonight Show
- •The Rolling Stones debuted
- •"Love Me Do" was released
- •🎶The more you know🎶