Some of my favorite Stephen King books
- •1. Pet SemataryPet Sematary was the first Stephen King book I read, and I absolutely fell in love with it. This is no doubt one of my favorite books by King.
- •2. MiseryThis book was just amazing. I remember not being able to put this book down, as I was so enthralled by the pure insanity of Annie Wilkes. It seemed as if she knew no bounds as to the treatment on Paul!!
- •3. CujoI also loved Cujo, and I remember not being able to put it down as it was amazing how much chaos one dog could cause in this Maine town. Beyond the dog, there was also the intricate stories of the different families involved in the book. This book is truly a masterpiece.
- •4. CarrieThis book was amazing to me, and I absolutely loved the story of social outcast, Carrie, and her overbearing, insanely religious mother. I thought it was a well told story of one outcast, becoming progressively more aware or her telekinetic abilities and eventually using them against everyone who had done her wrong.
- •5. The ShiningAlthough I much preferred the sequel, this story was a great one in my head. The way it was told as the father is driven steadily insane, and he over time becomes more dangerous and more things go wrong. This is a very good read and I definitely would suggest it to any King reader.
- •6. Doctor SleepThis sequel to The Shining as adult Danny Torrance struggles to overcome his alcoholism, and help a little girl, also gifted with the shining, who is also in danger of being hurt by a group otherwise known as the True Knot. It is very interesting to see how different aspects of the story tie together, and how the story is so well told. This is definitely one of King's recent bests in my book.