TOP FIVE SONGS I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO AGAIN AND AGAIN (SINCE LAST WEEK)
I have over 500 songs to choose from but these songs made the cut to my last week's anthems, faves and/or background music.
- 1.Bury It by CHVRCHESFrom the first lyrics that goes "cover up, cover up, cover up that you're ruthless nobody, nobody, nobody's ever gonna notice", I'm hooked to this song. Lauren's vocals are full of emotions and so are the rest of the lyrics. Makes me want to bury it and rise above too.
- 2.Cocoon by Catfish and the BottlemenA friend suggested this band to me last summer and I started listening to them just last Tuesday and so far, I'm in love with this song. The moment the songs starts with "I fell straight into your arms", I know I also fell straight to its intoxicating spell.
- 3.Where the Sky Hangs by Passion PitI had the full album ever since Passion Pit came back but this song has been sitting on my laptop until only school started again. Slow and heartfelt, every time I listen to this, it makes me think that this could be my parents' song when I was born back in 1995.
- 4.The Judge by Twenty One PilotsFunny that I started to really like this song thanks to a Spongebob meme that's floating around Tumblr. I'm not really into rap but this song's different; its lyrics are equal parts poetic and straightforward. Also, the drums here are great!
- 5.Nail by Zola JesusNika's voice is heavenly and powerful; this song, for me, is one of the best from her. The first time I heard this, I know Nika's voice is going to haunt me.