How I Met My Husband
Joe & I have been married for almost 24 years. Eeep! It wasn't an earth-shattering beginning, but something must have clicked 😂
- •Joe's best friend (Mike) & I had a broadcasting class together in college.
- •We had to write and produce a commercial.
- •Joe was his "talent".
- •On film day, Joe walked in with his long hair, tie dye shirt, awesome tan, and cut off khakis. I was smitten.
- •Lucky for me, he was available.
- •Not so lucky for me, Joe really sucked at asking girls out.
- •His timing was way off on first two attempts (one of which was his fraternity's formal 😳) WTF?
- •That was late April
- •I left in May for a summer internship at CNN in Atlanta.
- •Joe who? 😜
- •Late August. School's back in. More classes with Mike.
- •Conversation in class went something like: Dude. What's Joe up to?
- •Sept. 4 - first date
- •Married a year and 2 months after that! 😍
- •Anything you'd like to add @joetolley ?
- •Here's the frat formal we did go to after we actually started dating.I got more than a day's notice, which was nice.