My most recent conversation with my 12-year-old daughter.
- •My daughter: Do you think I'll get dress coded for this outfit tomorrow?She's wearing a super long tee shirt (that's practically knee length) & leggings
- •Me: You shouldn't
- •Her: what if I do? Will you bring me jeans if they call you?
- •Me: No. I'll be like "I saw what she had on. It's totally fine. Your dress code rules are stupid." And I would text them the middle finger emoji.
- •Her: Yeah. You see what I have on. It's not like you don't know what I'm wearing.
- •Me: Who would be calling me?
- •Her: I don't know. Mr. Wallace maybe.Mr. Wallace is the principal.
- •Me: I'd text Mr. Wallace the middle finger emoji and defy his stupid dress code.