Things you think about when you're awakened at 4:19 am while staying in a historic B & B
I'm currently on a press trip as a travel journalist. I'm sharing an entire B & B with two other writers I've not met before.
- •Wow. Those birds are aggressive chirpers.
- •Birds should not start squawking until at least 6 am.
- •Stupid nature.
- •I don't have to get up until 7, but I'll probably lie awake here until 6:58
- •Is it lie or lay?
- •Why can I never remember that? I'm a freaking writer. I should know these things.
- •I wonder if this place is haunted.
- •Wish I'd read the brochure about it.
- •What's that noise?
- •I'm surprised I can hear anything over those freaking birds.
- •Go back to sleep. Go back to sleep. Go back to sleep.
- •Why did I have to pick the ONE bedroom that doesn't have it's own bathroom.
- •I was the first one here! I should have picked the best room.
- •I'm too nice.
- •If there's a ghost here, they're probably nice.
- •If not, they'll pick up on my nice vibes and leave me alone.
- •I'm hungry.
- •Dang it.