BE MERRY — FOODS THAT BOOST YOUR HAPPINESS
You are what you eat! Read more at: http://bit.ly/1HDYa0B
- •WalnutsThese brain-shaped nuts contain super high levels of omega-3s fatty acids & magnesium, which are converted into the mood-influencing hormone serotonin.
- •Dark ChocolateEating dark chocolate naturally raises your dopamine levels as well as fighting free radicals.
- •Cherry TomatoesLycopene promotes brain health by reducing brain inflammation commonly linked with depression.
- •BananasChock full of healthy carbohydrates and tryptophan, bananas are a great go-to snack to bump up your energy and serotonin levels.
- •AvocadoAvocados are known for their vitamin B3 and omega-3 fatty acids, which are linked to serotonin-boosting effects and healthy brain function.
- •SpinachDark leafy greens are packed with magnesium and phenylethylamine giving you a natural high (without any of the nasty side effects)
- •AsparagusLow levels of folate have been linked with depression, so replenish fallen levels with lots of bright green asparagus stalks.
- •CoconutEating this hearty fruit promotes excess calorie burning and overall better moods.
- •Blue PotatoesWithin these funny looking spuds lies amazing antioxidants (anthocyanins) that fight brain inflammation and memory loss.
- •And...pizza?Don't forget that sometimes when it comes to self-care, indulging every once in awhile is not only okay, but a necessity. After all, happiness is a balancing act.