WEIRD THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW COULD BE RECYCLED
Forget bottles and soda cans, there's a whole weird world of things that can see a second life: http://bit.ly/1H8KxWX
- •Golf ballsWith over 300 million golf balls headed to the land fill each year, do your part to lessen the load.
- •Sex toysOnce sterilized and sorted, mechanical parts can be refurbished & plastics are ground up and remolded.
- •Old trophiesIf you're ready to let go of your spelling bee glory, a company is willing to melt it for reuse.
- •Wine corksCork is highly sustainable, and can be remade into everything from shoe soles to automotive parts!
- •Packing peanutsYour local shipping store will gladly take these pesky boys off your hands.
- •Techno-trashEither by refurbishing or by breaking products down, several companies have found ways to keep your old tech staying relevant.
- •InhalersSee if your pharmacy participates in the "Complete the Cycle" program!
- •TightsDon't toss those torn tights! Things like park benches and carpet can be made from old pantyhose.
- •MakeupSome major makeup brands accept old packaging in exchange for credit or free product.
- •Holiday lightsWhen your lights are on their last strand, send them to HolidayLEDs for a coupon for fresh bulbs.