TOP 10 SURFING WORDS
Growing up in Carlsbad CA, I have heard all of these words at the beach and in the water.
- •Frothing"Dude I'm frothing right now!!!" Meaning: I'm exited to surf
- •Nugging"Dude it's nugging out there!!!" Meaning: the waves are good.
- •Weecher"Dude look at the weecher!!!" Meaning: there is a girl.
- •Freshie"I got a freshie!!!" Meaning: look, my new surfboard.
- •Dawn Patrol"Dawn patrol?" Meaning: hey, do you want to go surfing tomorrow morning really early like maybe at 5:45am?
- •Pitted"Dude it's so pitted out there!!!" Meaning: the waves are tube shaped.
- •Barnie"You're being a barnie" Meaning: you aren't cool
- •Slob Reverse"Was that a slob reverse?" Meaning: did you spin but grab your board first?
- •Loc"I'm a loc here" Meaning: I've surfed here before.
- •Grom"The groms are frothing right now!!!" Meaning: the young surfers are exited