10 THINGS TO DO IN L.A. THIS WEEKEND 10/16
- •FOOD: Our 10th Annual Food EventHey, we can’t not plug our own amazing gastronomic extravaganza. Bites from 40+ restaurants—A.O.C., Bestia, Jitlada, Faith & Flower, Sambar…the list goes on. October 18, for info: http://bit.ly/1eTEecq
- •MUSIC: Florence + The MachineFlorence has a kinetic presence and attention grabbing outfits. But it’s her vocals that command the stage. October 16 and 17 at the Hollywood Bowl
- •COMEDY: Prop DropWho knows what might happened when you combine talented comedians Todd Glass, Eliza Skinner, Jeremiah Watkins, Harry Moroz, and Jake Adams with a bunch of props from film and TV. October 16 at the Westside Comedy Theater
- •CONFAB: Burbank Beer FestivalThe first ever Burbank Beer Festival, in downtown Burbank on October 17, will showcase both local and national craft breweries.
- •CONFAB: Taste of SoulMusicians DW3, Angie Stone, and Monica will perform, among others, at the 10th annual free “family festival” on October 17 along Crenshaw. Did we mention the food vendors?
- •MUSIC: An Evening with Niki J CrawfordCrawford, known for her soul and funk-influenced musical approach, will be performing songs off her debut release The Genesis Block at Mrs. Fish on October 17.
- •FOOD: 2nd Annual Eastside Food FestivalThe festival's goal is to encourage low-budget filmmaking. This year they're showing 25 short films, including several world premieres, at the Gallery Theatre at Barnsdall Art Park on October 18.