9 DECADENT, POSSIBLY DEADLY, SNACKS AT THE O.C. COUNTY FAIR
The O.C. Fair was founded in 1890, predating the L.A. County Fair by 32 years. Now it's a 23 day event with gut busting delicacies you'll have to eat to believe (or read about and feel sick).Runs til Aug 16. Here's a taste of what they're serving via LA Mag's Digest blog.
- 1.Fireball Whiskey Caramel DonutEight inch donut slathered in Fireball Whisky-infused caramel and topped with bananas and whipped cream.
- 2.Fried CoffeeFried dough balls stuffed with Starbucks espresso grounds then deep-fried in caffeine-infused bacon fat.
- 3.Krispy Kreme Triple CheeseburgerDonut burger, double-bypass style.
- 4.Caviar-Topped TwinkiesChicken Charlie's, the undisputed king of deep fried, will sell this treat for $125. Proceeds go to charity.
- 5.Bacon-Wrapped Pork BellyOn a stick.
- 6.Fried Corn on the CobAlso jammed on a stick and dunked in cornmeal batter, then bathed in hot oil.
- 7.Fried PizzaEgg wash, dusted in flour, then flash-fried--an OC Fair first!
- 8.Fried Apple RingsA relatively healthy option: deep fried fresh fruit.
- 9.Fried Slim Fast BarA sensible dinner.