99 PEOPLE GOT SICK FROM EATING AT A CHIPOTLE IN SIMI VALLEY: HERE'S WHY ANGELENOS SHOULD CARE
- •Last week, nearly 100 people who recently ate at a Chipotle in Simi Town Center reported symptoms of food poisoning.Severe diarrhea and vomiting were common complaints and several people were treated for dehydration at local emergency rooms.
- •On Friday afternoon, the location shut down.All food was tossed. Health department officials notified.
- •The Ventura County Environmental Health Division launched an investigation.
- •They discovered numerous small-scale violations like...dirty restrooms, flies, unsanitary floors.
- •They also found equipment connected to sewer lines.
- •Of the 99 who got sick, 17 were employees.
- •The incident has prompted nearby LA County officials to consider overhauling our grading system.
- •Our health-grading system is more than 17 years old--and not as stringent as you might think.Restaurants with multiple health code violations still receive an A-grade. Chipotle in Simi Valley is outside of LA county jurisdiction, it seems our system could use a refresh.