BEST GUACAMOLE RECIPE, PERIOD.
Recipe from Walter Manzke's Petty Cash Taqueria, which surpasses all mashed avocado concoctions @Lesleybsuter has tried in LA. (100% pea-free)
- •1 Serrano pepper, seeded finely diced
- •1/2 red onionChopped
- •1 tablespoon of cilantro(Not accurate, but picture of Gumby seemed more interesting than a stock picture of cilantro.)
- •Juice of 1 lime
- •2 large Hass avocados (gently mashed)Manzke says the secret here is the sourcing. The restaurant only uses Polito Family Farms--regulars at the Santa Monica Farmer's Market.
- •Kosher saltDoesn't specify which kind, but people seem to debate Morton vs Diamond. Take your pick.
- •Mix together, keep it chunky, and add.......fresh pico de gallo (tomatoes, onion, peppers, cilantro, lime juice) and toasted pepitas on top for crunch. Final result via Petty Cash Taqueria