BEST OF L.A., Y'KNOW, FOR KIDS
- •Kids' Party MagicianRamon "Wacko" Medellin's Wacko Show includes card tricks and hundreds of balloon creations that are full-blown art.
- •Kids' Comedy ShowSecond City's Really Awesome Improv Show's child-friendly comedy happens every Saturday at noon. Tickets $5.
- •Educational Toy StoreLandis' Labyrinth in Larchmont takes toys back to basics.
- •Children's Book StoreLike the Amoeba for the children's book world, the aptly named Children's Book World in Pico-Union has something for every kid.
- •Kids' Rock & Roll lessonsNeighborhood Rock School isn't the largest or fanciest rock music instruction school, but it's the best for dedication to teaching kids with special needs.
- •Kids' Resale ClothingGrow Kid Grow sells barely worn outfits for newborns to teens. Bonus: unlike most resale shops, you can return any item your kid doesn't like.
- •Free Art Studio for KidsBoone Children's Gallery is part of LACMA and open 6 days a week.
- •Creative Baby ClothesFlicka on Larchmont sells mini vintage concert T's, while Kumquat in Eagle Rock features only local designers.
- •Best Kids CraftsSwains sells hundreds of hobby kits that will keep them occupied -- also offers $5 classes.