BEST PIES FOR YOUR FOURTH OF JULY
- •Cherry PieGood Girl Dinette's pie pop-up in Highland Park. Fruit is from local K&K Ranch--all profits go to Southern Poverty Law Center. Order via phone 323 257 8980.
- •Strawberry PieThe Pie Hole -- mini-pies are $4.50 each. Two locations in Arts District and Pasadena.
- •Blueberry PieValerie will have their Stars & Stripes pie available for pickup today at Grand Central Market and the Echo Park cafe. (Note: we also named them "Best Chocolatier" in 2014).
- •Raspberry PieDu-Par's is a go-to classic, but the raspberry pie is a seasonal standout. LA locations in Studio City and Farmer's Market on 3rd/Fairfax.
- •Apple PieClementine has one of the best--though next time order in advance. Closed today! Try the Alcove in Los Feliz for a tart, Granny Smith taste or, of course, Philippe the Original's chunky apple and s thin crust made with shortening. Everybody loves the Apple Pan.
- •Salted Honey PieBrite Spot in Echo Park--the rhubarb is darn good there too.
- •Vanilla Cream TartFor the "I hate pie" people, Susina Bakery in mid-city serves a vanilla cream tart with a flag made from raspberries, blueberries, and whipped cream.
- •Boysenberry PiePie 'N Burger, an old school Pasadena Diner, sells an old school pie. The blackberry is also great. Heads up: peach pie season starts next week!
- •Triple Berry PieRaspberries, blueberries, and blackberries make up the triple berry at Village Bakery in Atwater Village.