CHEF SHAWN PHAM'S 5 FAVORITE DISHES IN L.A.
(Besides the deliciousness at his own Simbal, that is) http://bit.ly/1QxI34q
- •Shanghai Pork Dumplings at Kang Kang Food Court“Everyone loves xiaolongbao, but I prefer these panfried dumplings. I like the crunchy textural contrast.”
- •Carne Asade Tacos at Tire Shop Taqueria“There are handmade tortillas, marinated carne asada grilled over wood, and vibrant salsas.”
- •Sullungtang at Sun Nong Dan“This is Korean ox bone soup with brisket and various cuts of beef. It’s deeply satisfying.”
- •Roasted Chicken with Aji Sauce at Pollo a la Brasa“Every country in the world has a version of chicken in this style. Peru’s might be my favorite.”
- •Tom Yum with Rice Noodles at Pa Ord Noodle“A beautiful array of Thai flavors are captured in a single bowl: sweet, salty, and spicy.”