FROM KUBRICK TO BUGS BUNNY: 7 THINGS TO DO IN L.A. THIS WEEKEND (8/14)
Check out more events on lamag.com
- •Film: 2001: A Space OdysseyHAL, the sci-if classic's smooth-talking homicidal computer, is even creepier at this midnight show. Aug 14, Nuart Theatre.
- •Music: Warner Bros. Presents Bugs Bunny at the SymphonyThe L.A. Philharmonic will provide the music and sound effects to accompany beloved Looney Tunes shorts. Aug 14-15, Hollywood Bowl.
- •Film: Starry Night Poolside CinemaTake in the family-friendly flick Kung Fu Panda while floating in an outdoor pool at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel. Aug 14.
- •Confab: Summer School at Ace Hotel & Swim ClubExplore your artistic side at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs with free workshops during the day and live music and DJ sets at night. Aug 14-16.
- •Dance: World of Dance TourBilled as a global leader in urban dance lifestyle, this two-day tour will feature hundreds of performers from around the world. Aug 15-16, L.A. Convention Center, West Hall.
- •Music: Katia Moraes with Samba SocietyBrazilian singer Katia Moraes has performed and recorded with a variety of musical all-stars. Aug 15, Hancock Park.
- •Comedy: HarmontownCreated by Dan Harmon (Community) and Jeff B. Davis (Whose Line Is It, Anyway?), this weekly show had gained a cult-like following. NerdMelt Showroom.