HOW TO PAIR WINE WITH 6 THAI FOOD FAVORITES
Ayara Thai's sommelier Courtney Walsh has the answers.
- •Fried Dishes and CurriesRobert Serol Turbulent Sparkling Rose Gamay = low alcohol, low residual sugar, absorbs spicy flavors.
- •Summer RollsBrooks Amycas Riesling, Muscat, Pinot Gris Blend = Oregon vintner makes floral aromatic summer wine for summer rolls.
- •Spicy Papaya SaladPrecedent Chenin Blanc = underrated, versatile, vinified dry white wine.
- •Fish CurriesPoe Rose = blend of Pinot noir and Pinot Meunier described as "quaffable"
- •Pad See EwBroc Cellars Counoise = tiny Berkeley winery produces flavor of red and dark fruits, pepper, Pairs well with pungent, noodle dishes. (Including pad Thai)
- •Spicy BeefHarrington Carignane = Mendocino winery's Depression-era old vine red. Carignan grape was once the most planted grape in California. Then Merlot came along. Now it's back...