PUMPKIN-FLAVORED FOODS THAT ARE ACTUALLY GOOD
The pumpkin spice craze went off the rails long ago, but we've rounded up some gourd-flavored goodies that still have dignity.
- •Pumpkin Whoopie Pie from Brite SpotThe cake part is moist and super pumpkiny, just begging for that smidge of vanilla frosting.
- •Smashing Pumpkin Burger from Daily Dose CaféCurb your skepticism. The patty is a blend of grass-fed chuck, oxtail, and pork shoulder. The pumpkin is roasted with spices, chilled, and pureed with a little crème fraîche, cassis, and brown sugar. It's all served on a brioche bun with onions, radish, micro greens, and lemon aioli.
- •Pie One On Cocktail from Gracias MadreMade of tequila añejo, port, housemade pepita pumpkin butter, lemon, demerara, and house aromatic bitters, this is a complex sipper for sure.
- •Pumpkin Tart from Gadarene SwineA lemon sugar cookie base topped with rosemary caramel, pumpkin mousse, kaffir lime pumpkin seeds, candied pecans, sweet potato chips and whipped cream—it's a dream come true.
- •Pumpkin Ricotta Bombolini from WildcraftThey're Italian-style doughnuts, but filled with creamy ricotta and Cinderella pumpkin purée. The finishing touch: spiced vanilla sugar and yogurt mascarpone.
- •Pumpkin Blue Corn Tamale from ChavelaThis spicy, organic blue corn tamale is stuffed with sugar pie pumpkin and served with Anasazi beans, roasted red pepper-tomato sauce, and sautéed market vegetables.
- •Pumpkin Cheesecake from the Cheesecake FactoryDon't dismiss this this place just because it's a chain. Their pumpkin cheesecake is exceptionally creamy with a primo crust that showcases a strong pumpkin flavor.