WHAT IS DOLE WHIP?
A few facts about a hard-to-find LA treat
- •Dole Whip is a pineapple-flavored frozen dessert with a cult following.
- •Created at Disneyland, it's typically only available at Disneyland/Disney resorts and at the Dole processing plant in Hawaii.(Dole is a corporate sponsor of Disneyland)
- •A froyo shop called Whipp'd in West Hollywood is credited with serving the best offsite version of Dole Whip
- •Dole Whip was reformulated in 2013 to be dairy-free...
- •...but that version isn't exactly healthyLots of sugar and stabilizers
- •Roy Choi (@Papi) is now serving a healthier, no-filler version via his non-profit South LA operation 3 Worlds CafeLook for the Dole Whip redux at 3 Worlds food truck wherever you might find a Kogi---and support South LA!