WHAT TO EAT NOW: THE FALAFEL WAFFLE
With the success of Dune, falafel is getting a revamp, including chefs Ria and Matt Wilson's new Falafel Waffle at Wild at Canele.
- •Yep, it's spiced chickpea batter pressed into a waffle iron.
- •Vegan and gluten-free which Ria calls "a nice bonus."
- •The current chefs at Wild were the chef de cuisine and sous chef at Sqrl.= 💯
- •The waffle is topped with pickled ramps, parsley, pickled dried apricot, carrots and other good stuff.
- •There are lemony garlic pools that fill the squares, sinking into the waffle as you eat.
- •The falafel waffle is on the menu until early fall at Wild at CaneleWild at Canele is the lunch "residency" at Canale. Which means same Atwater restaurant--Wild is lunch menu only.
- •This isn't really a proper list but we're pretty excited to have lunch there.For more LA food news go to the Digest blog on lamag.com