WHERE TO EAT NOW: 10 NEW L.A. RESTAURANTS, RANKED 7/9
Weekly round up of new L.A. restaurants recommended by our Dine editor @Lesleybsuter -- lamag.com's Digest blog has full list!
- •Joan's on Third, Santa MonicaJoan McNamara's famous gourmet goodies now in Santa Monica. One stop shop for omelettes, ficelle sandwiches, and fancy pastries.
- •Broken SpanishRay Garcia's contemporary take on Mexican cuisine in the old Rivera home in DTLA takes traditional staples and serves them with an L.A. twist, like a kale-stuffed chile relleno.
- •CassiaBrynt Ng from Spice Table just soft-opened his Santa Monica brasserie with Southeast Asian specialities.
- •The Arthur JDavid LeFevre's Manhattan Beach steakhouse. Try the Swedish meatballs.
- •SimbalThe aromatics from L.A. native Shawn Pham will transport you from Little Tokyo to the Far East. With sherry cocktails and tropical sweets, you won't want to leave.
- •E.P. & L.P.This duo-concept bar and restaurant, brainchild of Aussie Louis Tikaram and Alex Strauss, has rooftop dining that makes for a pan-Asian destination in WeHo.
- •MareHidden in small space behind Greenspan's Grilled Cheese is Eric Greenspan's intimate Euro-bistro. Small menu, bold flavors. Quaint patio. On Melrose in Weho.
- •Jon & Vinny'sWe're fans of the classic red sauce Italian fare at this Fairfax spot. There's a wine shop in the back.
- •SambarA wood-powered tandoori oven fuels this Indian fusion concept in Culver City from next-door Akasha's Akasha Richmond.
- •ChavelaRachel Car (formerly of Cru) brings a pan-Latin riff on plant-based dining to Hollywood with Peruvian-style plates. Salud.