WHERE TO EAT NOW: 7 OF L.A.'S NEW RESTAURANTS, RANKED 6/15
- 1.The Arthur JDavid LeFevre's latest addition to Manhattan Beach is the chef's take on a retro steak house. Yuzo kosho butter steak topper, Emmental popovers, and Swedish meatballs + classic cocktail list.
- 2.SimbalLA native Shawn Pham, whose pedigree includes stints at Craft and French Laundry, returns from a four-year sojourn to Vietnam to open this restaurant in Little Tokyo.
- 3.EP & LPHottest dining destination of the summer is this West Hollywood pan-Asian restaurant/bar with killer rooftop
- 4.SambarAkasha Richmond, chef and owner of culver city's Akasha, has expanded into former Ford's Filling Station space to launch Indian fusion concept. House-made curries, wood-powered tandoori oven.
- 5.Jon & Vinny'sOne of the most anticipated openings in the last few weeks is Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo's all-day Italian restaurant on Fairfax serving classic red-sauce fare. Helen's Wine shop tucked inside.
- 6.MadcapraEx-Brooklynites Sarah Kramer and Sarah Hymanson have opened a stylish falafel shop inside Grand Central Market. Beet-sumac soda + orange blossom yogurt.
- 7.Plant Food and Wine"Wellness lifestyle brand" guru Matthew Kennet has opened an Abbot Kinney restaurant serving elevated plant-based dishes and biodynamic wins. Nightly $75 tasting menu.