The Mafia Decalogue, by the Mafia (Date Unknown)
Salvatore Lo Piccolo was on the run for 24 yrs and when arrested in 2007 he was, it's believed, head of the Sicilian Mafia. This list of rules, known as "The Mafia Decalogue," was discovered in his hideout by Italian police. At the top was written, "I swear to be faithful to the Cosa Nostra. If I betray my flesh must burn - as this image burns."
- •Rights and Duties:
- •No one can present himself directly to another of our friends. There must be a third person to do it.
- •Never look at the wives of friends.
- •Never be seen with cops.
- •Don't go to pubs and clubs.
- •Always being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty - even if your wife is about to give birth.
- •Appointments must absolutely be respected.
- •Wives must be treated with respect.
- •When asked for any information the answer must be the truth.
- •Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to others or to other families.
- •Individuals who cannot be part of the Cosa Nostra:
- •Anyone who had a close relative in the police.
- •Anyone with a two-timing relative in the family.
- •Anyone who behaves badly and doesn't hold to moral values.