I am Water
- •From Margaret Atwood's The Penelopiad:This is what Periboea, a Naiad, told her daughter Penelope on her wedding day. Sounds like the perfect description of me.
- •Of course I don't really think I'm a Naiad, I'm not crazy... However I am sure that I'm an Oceanid.
- •An Oceanid is a sea nymph that is the patroness of a particular spring, river, sea, lake, pond, pasture, flower, or cloud.All according to Wikipedia. There might be some bla bla about mythology, but I'm sure this is true.
- •Anyway, I'm lucky enough to have a piece of the Mediterranean as my spot.I mean, can you imagine how hard it would be to be patroness of a cloud??
- •This is where I'm happiest and feel most at home.Weightless, with swallows above me and swordfish below.
- •Now many others might have discovered my place. But I do my best to avoid and ignore them.All it takes is to swim a little deeper. But ugh, people...
- •I must admit though, that they have added some good things.Like this bench that lets me sit and admire my kingdom.
- •Wonder if I should spread a rumor about the beach being haunted?