My Student Just Did Something Awesome!
He's pretty on the spectrum for autism so this is big.
- •Someone borrowed his chair while he was busy doing something else.
- •He finished and I said "k you can go sit down now"
- •When he saw his seat was gone, he immediately looked at me for help or some kind of direction.
- •I completely ignored him and let him problem solve.
- •If he wants to sit down he can help himself. If not then he will stand for the rest of the class period.
- •He kept looking at his chair and the person in it then to me for help.
- •About 7 whole minutes pass of him doing this and me ignoring him.
- •He tapped the girl on the shoulder and said "that's my chair"
- •She gave it to him and he sat down.
- •It took him 7 minutes but he problem solved all by himself!!
- •I'm proud! ☺️